Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another week...

Spring has finally hit our little mini farm! As we were out splitting wood (cleaning up a huge pile of cut wood that came with the house) I noticed that the trees were blooming! I so often get caught up with the fast pace of life and end up missing the simple yet extrodinary wonders the surround but not this weekend!! The buds were so beautiful that I just had to stop what I was doing and grab my camera.
We are hoping to put a new roof on the house and add a dormer or two and turn the attic into a bedroom but to do that, we need to clean up the wood pile. It's a crazy six degrees of seperation thing that I won't go into but there you have it. If I clean the wood up then complete several other things I will end up with a new bedroom and maybe, just maybe an upstairs bath.
We also spent some time today getting ready for our new arrivals due May 4th! Dan has been diligently reading books and taking notes. We have the first "brooder house" ready. 37 little fuzzy peeps!! You know I'll be taking pictures like a crazy woman when they get here!!