Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's really spring right?!

Mother Nature and I are not on speaking terms right now. Yet another day avoiding the outside. I swore I would not blog today altough I am oh so tired of cleaning, sorting papers, laundry, paying bills and surfing the same stuff on the web. I swore I wouldn't blog because I really had nothing to share and vowed I would not blog about the weather again. I swore......and then....
I saw a flock of robins in the yard. Hanging around in one of the few spots that didn't have snow, snitching scraps of cracked corn left by the turkeys. (my only form of bird feeder) better than nothing right?!
However, for the past 30 minutes I have been listening to a light tapping on my front window to which after the first few minutes I had to go see what it was.

Apparently this Robin is unhappy with the spring weather we are having as well and wants to come in the house with everyone else! He wasn't hitting the window hard, merely fluttering at it with his Robin sized determination to gain access. Had he known waiting for him inside were the dogs eagerly anticipating his success I'm sure he would have been quite content finding a nice perch in our completely bird accessable barn.

And yes, I realize the pictures are not of the best quality however, you need to keep in mind that I was trying to snap it quickly all while holding back to two bird dogs trying to go through my window to get it!! Not an easy feat!
So I caved I blogged once again about a weather related topic.
And in my boredom I shopped online. But unlike the typical woman, I didn't shop for shoes, clothing or even housewares, bedding or new decor (although all of those items would have been more practical) No indeed, I ordered my baby chicks which are to arrive the first week of May!! Wahoo! Now I'm somewhat glad Dan is laid off for a while, after all he has a chicken coop to build now! LOL!
I was very discriminating in my choices. I didn't settle for just any ole run of the mill chicken, no no no, my chicken of choice is Cochin. They are big and poofy with feathers all the way down the legs. I ordered 2 girls in all six beautiful colors for total of 12 egg layers! I am so excited for summer!