Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finally here!!!

I want to put out a very special Thank you to Murray McMurray Hatchery!

We just couldn't wait any longer (plus I couldn't stand the thought of my little babies being shipped via mail). When Dan told me it wasn't far, I called and changed my order to "pick up" instead of delivery and this morning we headed west!
I was in love from the minute they opened the box lid to show us our purchase. I knew they would be small (this isn't the first time I've seen a baby chicken) but I never realized they would be that small! They are absolutely DARLING!!! ....and messy.





They've been home now for about 7 hours and everyone is eating, drinking and making a mess of the newpapers. Whew! I was very excited to take some pictures and took several which proved to be a smart move because they are very difficult to photograph. They are constantly moving, not to mention the time I spent trying to edit out the babypoo which proved next to impossible, in 7 hours it's everywhere!! Dan's gonna stay pretty busy for a while! LOL!




Of course all the yellow babies are going to grow up to be white and I know what most of the other are supposed to look like as well but there is one that really stands out and has me puzzled....it looks like a chipmunk to me so this one is going to be.......chipndale! (did I just age myself?)