Saturday, December 27, 2008

Trapped again...

It seems 2008 is going to roll out with Mother Nature continuing her unecessary reminder that it is not we who are in control....


I have to be the first to admit, I was loving the 41 degree weather yesterday. However, like most things that seem to be too good to be true, there was an underlying consequence. There is an old adage, what goes up must come down and apparently that includes the temperature. Today we are dealing with yesterdays melting snow combined with this mornings gentle rain in the form of a lovely layer of ice on everything!






And so here we sit again. Luckily it's not been bad enough to make us lose power. So we've made the best of it. Dan's been working out in his shop finally getting things put away. He hasn't had a chance to unpack since we moved here in July.

After spending a good portion of the morning trying to get xbox live hooked up (inluding many pestering calls to my very patient and personal IT support person) only to discover there is still something not quite right about it, I took the opportunity to get caught up with my much neglected laundry, baked brownies, date bread, and beer bread. I like to cook, don't really like to bake. I'm not good at starting something, walking away and remembering to come back! But all went well.


Trevor decided to get out the "Big Cat" and have a little fun outside. So I decided to grab the camera and get some action shots.
It's a good thing I don't have a yard fettish!

Do you see the yard those tires are spitting out behind them?!